Translate

Total Pageviews

May 28, 2014

Art Class with Sam O.

I am back! Again! Two Maddy post is one day. Because I have some very serious news. If you haven't figured it out, all of us Sam O's go to the same school. Buuuut... We had an extra art class today! Yaaaay! =D So I thought I'd share some stuff with you.

So, we did three different exercises:Gesture, Blind Conture, and Memory.Gesture is the simplest, because the basic concept is to get all the basic information of your subject down in under a minute. Here is a gesture of some acorns.

 Next, memory drawing is basically just drawing your subject from memory. Here is one of those same acorns.
Alright. So now we have blind contour. If you have never done these, well, count yourself lucky. The object is to draw the subject without looking at the paper. No looksies. At ALL. It's hard. And, btw, if you're drawing turns out ANYTHING like the subject at all, you were cheating. Here is a blind contour of, um, it looks like maybe... some leaves and various nuts? I don't even remember what I was drawing, really. =b


 This is where the fun starts! We had to do blind contour of the person sitting across from us. My person was Scarlett. Just so you know, she doesn't usually look like a Neanderthal.



Here is one that one of our other non-Sam friends did of Olive. I shall call her... Potato Girl!



This is Abby. I drew this one, and it appears that I was going for something a little Picasso-esque, because she usually does not look that depressed, and she doesn't have a nose the size of Mount Everest.


This one... is me. Scarlett drew it. 



Um. I don't really have anything to say about my portrait other than: Am I the only one who sees this?



This one has nothing to do with art class. It's just some weird little doodle from math class when we were doing some greater than and less than reviews. I'll leave the full interpretation up to you. And that is all folks! Madeline is OUT!



1 comment:

  1. Thank god you see that too. Darth Vadah
    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete